What is all about Vimeo TV?
Vimeo TV (via TubeFilter) has announced the launch of a new toolkit for creators to showcase their work, which includes customizable portfolio sites and Smart TV channels. Showcase, according to the company, is a new way for users to showcase their portfolio online. It consists of three features: a personalized portfolio/video platform, the ability to insert video playlists on existing websites, and TV apps for Pro users, which will enable creators to create their Smart TV channels that can be distributed through Roku and Amazon Fire TVs.
How to watch Vimeo TV on Smart TV
Likely, won’t be able to log in or play content from the built-in internet browser on a Smart TV, such as a Samsung. To put it another way, it could work, but those browsers aren’t among the ones we currently support. If you want to give it a shot, here’s how to watch on a Smart TV’s browser:
- Open your internet browser on your TV and go to the website.
- Search for vimeo.com/activate where you will have to enter your email address.
- After you send your email address, you will receive an email with a connection.
- Open your email inbox on a different device (a computer or a mobile device), open the login email, and click the LOGIN option.
- Return to your TV window, and you should now be able to watch.
If these measures don’t work, your Smart TV would most likely be incompatible. You can try casting via Chromecast or Airplay with Apple devices in this case.
There are a variety of options for watching Vimeo videos on devices other than your phone. For starters, native Vimeo apps are available for the following platforms and devices:
- Apple TV (4th and 5th generation/4K versions, both running tvOS)
In the App Store, look for “Vimeo.”
- Roku players (standalone Roku devices as well as Roku-enabled TVs)
Visit the app page or search for “Vimeo” in the Roku channel store.
- Android-based televisions (such as NVidia Shield TV, Sony TVs, Xiaomi Mi Box)
In the Google Play Store, type in “Vimeo.”
- Fire TV gadgets from Amazon
Visit the app page or search for “Vimeo” on the Amazon Fire TV computer.
Cast from the Vimeo Android or iOS smartphone apps to your Chromecast.
Several smartphone and TV app channels and our applications on those platforms have come and gone over the years. We recommend using one of the platforms mentioned above to watch Vimeo videos on your TV. On these platforms, Vimeo apps are no longer supported:
- Apple TV is a device that allows you to watch (2nd and 3rd generation, with the Vimeo app pre-installed)
- Philips televisions
- Samsung Blu-ray players and TVs
- Sony Blu-Ray players and televisions (running the Opera TV Marketplace)
- Xbox 360 is a console developed by Microsoft.
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Mobile, and Windows Phone