Nowadays due to many factors including lifestyle, pandemic, or any pre-existing health conditions can be a contributing factor when it comes to an autoimmune condition like diabetes.
People with any type of diabetes or prediabetes requires to monitor their blood glucose levels, for that they require a blood sugar test to know their levels.
Knowing their glucose levels in the blood can help doctors and experts in managing the diabetes of the patients.
Here is the list of best glucometers to monitor sugar levels at home, to monitor sugar levels before and after – meals, exercise, eventually impacts results and used in the workout, diet planning.
Here is the list of Top 5 Best Glucose Meters Review in 2021
Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter Kit
- Some of its variants have a USB interface that allows you to transfer test results to your other devices like laptops or computers.
- It has memory support of 500 test results and you can view an average of your last 7 to 90 days test results.
- The device is able to measure sugar levels between 10 to 600 mg/dL.
- When it comes to testing it before and after a meal – the device provides you meal flagging that makes it easy for users to vary levels between meals.
- In case you haven’t put a sufficient amount of blood on the strip, then the device allows you to re-dose it in 8 seconds.
- This device also gives you an option to double-check the displayed results.
- Most importantly this device doesn’t have so many buttons to handle, it has only two buttons that make it easy to use.
- Due to its small size, you can carry it with you.
OneTouch Select Plus Simple Glucometer
- As claimed by the company it doesn’t require any setup.
- This device is simple to use with no buttons and coding.
- It comes with 10 lancets and 10 test strips that claim to do virtually pain-free testing.
- But according to many people’s responses, the accuracy of this meter is bit questionable as it shows different results while doing a double check.
- The company claims to have done a lot to resolve issues regarding their devices.
Accu-Chek Guide Glucometer
- This device supports Bluetooth connectivity and automatically logs results into an app.
- It is known to be simple to use and handle.
- The device has a push button to eject strips that means you doesn’t requires to touch the used strips at all.
- The display part of this device supports day or night light as well which means you can see strips at any time of the day.
- While testing blood it does only requires a minimum blood of 1.5 mg/dL.
- More often it comes up with 10 lancets and 10 strips.
One Touch Verio Flex meter
- This device comes up with 10 strips and 10 lancets along with app support.
- Apps help patients in many ways by keeping their blood sugar test data also allows sharing it.
- It also keeps data of high blood sugar in timeline ways which makes it easy for patient to know what causes their blood glucose levels high or low.
- Test strips used in the device are known to give results in 5 seconds.
- While testing blood sugar levels with the device requires a minimum blood drop amount.
- The device shows a result range between 20 to 600 mg/dL.
BeatO CURV Glucometer
- It is a small device that can be connected to your smartphone.
- Make sure your device has a Type C USB port to connect it.
- It gives results in 5 seconds.
- This device has 50 lancets and 50 strips.
- This is a make in India glucometer which only supports Android smartphones.
- It works with the app of the manufacturer.
- Also supports many features like sharing results with near and dear ones.
- Getting constant blood glucose levels monitoring by the team of their experts.
What are glucometers?
Glucose meters are small portable digital devices that help in measuring blood glucose levels also known as blood sugar tests. Glucometers are also called blood sugar check machines.
These machines are very helpful for diabetic patients and they come up with a kit include –
- Test strips
- Reading device
With the help of all glucometers displays the amount of sugar present in the blood. Some of the devices come up with features like apps, bluetooth, and USB connectivity. Also, use to store the data of the previous testing for many purposes.
Most of the portable glucometers devices are come up with caution in which they have mentioned the basics of its use.
To use them – insert a test strip in the device, put a drop of blood from the fingertip with the help of a special needle, then wait for the reading to appear.
Always make sure to read all the caution and what to do and what not to do with the device. If you have any questions or want to know more about the best glucometers and diabetes management, Its been better to take a consultation with the doctor