Patchouli essential oil is typically made by steam distillation, using either steam or carbon dioxide. The color of the essential oil degrades into an amber tinge as it matures, and the aroma grows richer and smoother. You must buy patchouli oil to take proper care of your hair.
Benefits Of Patchouli Oil
Because of its natural characteristics, this Asian plant oil has now been utilized for different conditions. The following are the primary advantages of patchouli oil for hair:
Patchouli oil is an excellent natural therapy for skin issues on the scalp. Because of its antibacterial and astringent characteristics, it’s ideal for keeping infected regions clean and free of infection.
Hair loss is one of the most common problems people face today. There are many causes of hair loss, such as medical conditions, medications, stress, and diet. Patchouli essential oil is one natural remedy that has been shown to promote hair growth. This essential oil is also thought to stimulate hair growth by bringing blood flow and nutrients to the hair follicles. It’s also a natural remedy for alopecia or patchy hair loss.
Dandruff usually occurs due to fungal infections, but it can also result from seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis. Patchouli essential oil has antifungal properties that make it an effective treatment against dandruff. To use patchouli oil for dandruff, add a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner and massage it into your scalp.
Patchouli oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe the scalp and promote hair growth.
How To Use Patchouli Oil?
Patchouli hair may be used in several ways, as stated below. Due to the strong and concentrated character, essential oils must be used in conjunction with a carrier oil. Because applicability to the skin may cause discomfort, irritation, stinging, and even burns, it’s best first to dilute essential oils with basic oils.
Hot Oil Treatment
A hot oil therapies can help your hair get rid of dryness, dandruff, and frizz. When you add heated oil to your hair, it seals the cuticle, preventing split ends. The oil covers the hair and locks in the moisture as the warmth opens the cuticles. Oily hair types should use a light oil like jojoba, but drier hair types should use coconut oil, which has a heavier, greasier consistency that binds the hair strands.
Patchouli Hot Oil Treatment (Simple)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 3-6 teaspoons of your preferred oil for seconds till it is melted and heated. Make sure it isn’t too hot and won’t burn you if you’re using it on your head.
- Mix with a few droplets of patchouli essential oil for hair and apply to the scalp, giving special attention to the ends.
- Gently apply to your scalp, wrap with a hat or scarf and set aside for 20 minutes.
- In the shower, wash away the oil & condition it as usual.
Pre-pooing is the process of applying hair products before washing and conditioning. You can use oil in this situation to avoid shampoo from removing your hair’s natural moisture.
While the wash cleanses the scalp, the oil covers the hair strands and maintains the moisture balance, and patchouli may be added to this therapy.
Oils work well as a pre-poo treatment, but you may also use aloe vera, shea butter, and an essential conditioner.
Patchouli Pre-Poo Treatment
- Simply apply your pre-poo treatment of choice, whether shea butter, avocado oil, or a store-bought item.
- Add a few drops of patchouli essential oil and stir well to make a fragrant combination.
- Apply to the entire head of hair and wrap with a hat or wrap, allowing the hair to rest for as long as necessary.
- Pre-poo could be left on for several hours and even overnight, based on your hair’s dryness, texture, and volume.
Side Effects of Using Patchouli Oil
- When not adequately diluted in a carrier oil, Patchouli oil can lead to irritation and itching, especially on injured skin.
- Essential oils are highly potent, and if used undiluted for an extended period, they can burn the skin. As a result, precaution must always be exercised while working with oils.
- Keep them away from your eyes, nose, and mouth when utilizing essential oils. If patchouli oil gets into your eyes, wash them instantly and seek medical help.
Where should you buy Patchouli Oil from?
There are a few things to consider when purchasing Patchouli Oil. You want to make sure that you buy the oil from a reputable online seller. You also want to make sure that the oil is 100% pure, organic, and unrefined.
When finding a reputable online seller, do your research and read reviews. Make sure that other customers have had positive experiences with the seller.
The Bottom Line
Patchouli oil has many benefits that make it excellent for your hair. It can help to stimulate hair growth, reduce dandruff, and even add shine and luster to your locks. If you’re looking for a natural way to promote healthy hair growth, patchouli oil is worth considering.
So there you have it! Now that you know all about the benefits of patchouli essential oil for hair, why not give it a try? You can purchase patchouli oil online or at your local health store. Give it a go and see how this powerful essential oil can transform your hair!