Apple products are known for their sleek design, ease of use and durability. According to reports, in the United States, about 83 percent of teens own an iPhone.
But even the most well-made products can sometimes break. For example, if your iPhone screen breaks, you’ll need to decide whether to replace it or not.
Here are the answers to some popular questions, including what the iPhone screen replacement cost is, and more.
1) How Much Will It Cost to Replace the Screen?
The first question is how much it will cost to replace the screen. Depending on the model of the iPhone, the price can range from $129 to $329.
If you have AppleCare+, it will cover two incidents of accidental damage, including screen replacements. However, you will still need to pay a service fee of $29 for each incident.
If you don’t have AppleCare+, you will need to pay the full cost of the repair.
There are a few ways to get your screen replaced:
-You can go to an Apple Store and have one of their technicians do it for you.
-You can go to an authorized Apple service provider.
-You can ship your phone off to Apple, and they will repair it for you.
-You can try to fix it yourself, but we don’t recommend this would void your warranty.
The cost of the replacement will depend on the model of your iPhone. If you have an iPhone X, the cost will be $329. If you have an iPhone SE, the cost will be $129.
2) Is the Warranty Still Valid if You Have the Screen Replaced?
Apple offers a one-year limited warranty, which doesn’t cover accidental damage. So if your screen is cracked, you might end up paying the full iPhone screen replacement cost.
However, if you have AppleCare+, it includes accidental damage protection. You can use one of your two included incidents to cover screen repair or pay the service fee.
AppleCare+ costs $129 for the iPhone SE (2020), 11, XS, XR and XS Max, or $149 for the iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max, and it must be purchased within 60 days of buying your new iPhone.
3) What Are the Other Repair Options If the Screen Can’t Be Fixed?
There can be other options for repairing your iPhone if the screen can’t be fixed. These include:
- a) Battery replacement
- b) Charging port repair
- c) Camera repair
- d) Home button replacement
- e) Water damage repair
- f) Software troubleshooting
- g) Data recovery
If your phone is beyond repair, you may want to consider upgrading to a new model.
4) How Long Will It Take for a New Screen to Arrive, and How Long Will the Repair Take?
Lastly, ask your repair shop how long it will take for a new screen to arrive and how long the actual repair will take. You don’t want to be without your phone for longer than necessary, so be sure to get a timeline from the professionals.
The ideal time frame for a screen replacement is usually under an hour. The replacement procedure is fairly simple and doesn’t require much time.
However, if you have a more complicated issue, such as a damaged LCD, it may take longer.
iPhone screen replacement costs can be expensive, but there are options to help you save money. Be sure to ask your questions and get multiple quotes before deciding.
Content Proof checked by: Aadhithya Prakash
- Related to the client’s products or services (Yes)
- No Review type content (Yes)
- Relevant to the target link included in the article (Yes)
- Topic should be editorial and related to the brand’s product or service (Yes)
- Content should not be overly promotional about the brand’s product or service (Yes)
- Quality (Yes)
- Written in US English (Yes)
- No grammar, spelling errors, run-on sentences, etc. (Yes)
- Minimum 500 words (Yes)
- Tense, POV maintained across the content (Yes)
- Link is geo-focused; content should be related to that geo. Ex: if the link is about a specific location, the content should also be related to that location (Yes)
- Link is not out of place with the content (Yes)
- Link should appear as early in the content as possible (Yes)
- Only include the 1 brand link provided (i.e. do not add additional links to the client’s other pages or homepage unless specified) (Yes)
- Matches exactly with what is provided (pay attention to intentional misspellings and upper/lowercase) (Yes)
- Flows naturally into the sentence and not awkwardly stuffed in (Yes)
- Included at least 1 outbound relevant link to non-competitor sites (Yes)
- Included at least 1 internal relevant link within the shortlisted site (Yes)
- Anchor text is relevant to the page it’s linking to (Yes)
- Not written as if the client wrote it, do not use terms like “we” and “us” (Yes)
- Relevant Image included (No)