The smart home system, or home automation in other words, allows you to do a lot of things today – from controlling the light and temperature to controlling the sound in the audio system as well as via regular mobile devices for home and family security. Let’s see what is need to use these new technologies and what are the best home automation ideas 2020. You will understand that you do not have to be a millionaire for this.
Why do you need Smart Home?
Automation can simplify and improve your life in your home or apartment, saving you time and money. Here are some reasons to start building smart homes.
- Automation Improves Efficiency: this applies to the efficiency of each system in the house as well as to the efficiency of the entire house. Because the automation system e.g. Can control various devices when deciding on a vacation, you can turn off the thermostat and turn off the lights with the push of a button. You don’t have to worry about forgetting to do something.
- Automation Saves you Money: According to intelligent automation system developers, only lighting, heating, ventilation or air conditioning systems can reduce your energy costs by 15 to 20%. For owners of their own homes, you can choose to use non-standard heating or cooling systems, which can also significantly reduce the cost of electricity and allow you to quickly recover your investment in smart homes.
- Automation is Handy: the ability to operate many electronic devices (light, heat, audio / video, curtains and doors, locks, security systems, etc.) using a touch screen device on the wall or just a smartphone reminds you of home automation.
- Automation brings Ease: The ability to actively control various electronic components in the home makes you feel comfortable in the surrounding environment, from installing lighting to opening the music center, by obeying you.
- Automation allows you to Sit Band Relax: with the home appliance control you can avoid problems caused by forgetfulness or incompetence. You can check if everything in your house is usually everywhere and use your smartphone to make corrections if needed.
Home Automation Devices:
Nest learning thermostat
The Nest Thermostat (owned by Google) can not only control the temperature of the home, but also decorate it. Its design was created by the person who developed the Apple iPod. It can work in WiFi networks, you can use your smartphone or computer to control the temperature remotely. It is not very cheap, but it is not superfluous in the “smart home”. In addition, Nest has an open interface and you can connect new devices in the future, in line with Google’s commitment.
Insteon is a high-level home automation system that uses both cabling and wireless channels for communication. Insteon combines two-way and cellular technologies to create a fast and reliable network compatible with all devices, from thermostats to home theaters.
The Insteon Starter Kit contains a concentrator and a dimmer module to adjust the light. The hub connects the entire system (via a home router) to the Internet and is used with a mobile app that allows you to control the system anywhere, monitor time calls and your own “script”, and also check the system status display. When the sensor is activated at home, the hub can also send emails and text messages. According to the manufacturer, Insteon provides almost everything from light switches and motion sensors to car doors, night vision cameras, water leakage sensors and more.
Honeywell Wireless Thermostat
This is another Honeywell WiFi thermostat that has been manufacturing home appliances for decades, and its range of thermostats offers many connectivity options.
The thermostat has a color touch screen and software that can teach users habits and control internal and external conditions to optimize the performance of the heating and cooling system. Thermostat settings can be preset according to schedule or entered directly via the touch screen, computer or mobile device. The display shows indoor and outdoor temperature, humidity value and local weather forecast. In addition, multiple versions of this device can be controlled by voice.
It is an easy-to-install device that can provide a good start in creating a “smart home” and can begin operating within minutes of installation. The Belkin connector, which works on the WiFi network, allows you to remotely connect or switch devices connected via the electrical network. Belkin has released several practical devices, e.g. The WeMo home light switch (a type of motion sensor), which allows you to enable devices that work in WeMo sockets (video gateways that access WiFi). All of these are controlled by mobile apps based on iOS or Android.
Philips Hue Lighting System
Hue is a lighting system made up of lights, bands and wireless bridges controlled by the iOS app. The company said: “Each HUE lamp has a luminous flux of 600 lumens and can produce a variety of white lights, from hot to cold and different types of colored light. Each lamp uses 80% less energy than traditional lamps” Light can gradually dim and increase color, rearrange colors and work wherever you have access to the Internet. In addition, the app also includes many “experts” recipes for lighting experts to help you better focus or relax.