Mobile proxies are similar to regular proxies – they are used as connectors between the users and the information on the internet. However, unlike regular proxies, mobile proxies use mobile data to access the internet.
That helps the user mask their IP address and replaces it with the IP of their mobile device ( a tablet or a smartphone). If you are interested to learn more about mobile proxies, make sure to read our short guide.
What makes proxies “mobile”?
The fact that you, as an internet user, can use something as a connection between your device and the internet regardless of the location makes it a mobile proxy. Whenever you are not using your ISP to connect to the internet but mobile data instead, you are using a mobile proxy.
That can be beneficial for several reasons:
- You will protect your IP address – Thinking about cyber security is really important in modern times. You never know who might want to access your device. Using a mobile proxy will help you prevent that since you won’t have an IP address when browsing the internet. It’s a really good idea.
- You can have an internet connection anywhere – The only thing you will need for a fast and secure internet connection is mobile data. You won’t be restricted at all by your current location.
- CAPTCHA won’t be an issue anymore – If your search engine “suspects” any strange activity of your IP address, you will be restricted from visiting certain websites unless you successfully pass the CAPTCHA. Since this can be bothersome, mobile proxies circumvent it entirely, and you won’t have to worry about it at all.
Understanding how mobile proxies work can also help you decide when you should use one.
How do they work?
Mobile proxies work similarly to regular proxies – they enable a safe connection to the internet by serving as mediators between the users and the web. The user doesn’t directly connect to the internet but uses a proxy server instead. That is a good idea because it offers:
- Faster browsing – Proxies can cache data from previous websites you have visited. That way, you won’t have to go through loading the internet files over and over again if you decide to revisit the source. It will make your browsing much faster.
- Improved security – When you are browsing the internet, the risk of malware can be high. A proxy server will automatically disregard any websites with potential threats. The users won’t even see the option to open them, which is simply amazing.
- No privacy issues – Since mobile proxies hide your IP address by not using the ISP information but mobile data instead, you will enjoy safe surfing without risking anyone finding out your IP address. You are not hidden while browsing, but you won’t have any privacy issues.
The only difference between mobile proxies and regular ones is the internet data used for internet browsing. Regular proxies rely on the packets from the user’s ISP, while mobile proxies rely on the device’s own mobile data. The function of the proxies remains the same, the difference being the type of data used for online browsing.
3 main use cases for mobile proxies
Mobile proxies can be really useful when you want to browse the internet. They have certain advantages and use cases that some regular proxies can’t offer. Three of the main use cases for mobile proxies include:
- Browsing while away from home – Being connected to the internet outside on the streets, parks, or in nature has not been possible at first. Namely, internet browsing was reserved from one place – a personal computer connected to the internet. Mobile proxies completely circumvent this issue since they are using mobile data. That way, you are not restricted by your current position when it comes to browsing.
- Mobile proxies (like 4G) use cellular modems – Think of having an internet modem all the time with you when you are using a mobile proxy like 4G. However, other users of the 4G proxy will also have the same cellular modems. You will be one among many in the sea of IP addresses, making your connection more than secure due to its privacy.
- Mobile proxies protect the users – Mobile proxies can protect you not only from malware on the internet but hackers as well. Since every physical device has an IP address, you will be safe while browsing. The proxy will automatically suggest reliable websites as well.
Having a mobile proxy is really useful, and we highly encourage people to use them whenever they can. Check Oxylabs for high-quality mobile proxies.
Mobile proxies are useful tools for internet browsing. Not only do they protect the users by providing a different IP address, but they also protect against hackers and malware. They also increase browsing speed and make the internet experience for all users faster and more secure. The best thing is that they are easy to use and not expensive at all.