Podiatry is the specialty that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of the human foot. It includes the surgical treatments and medical treatment of disorders, lower extremity, injuries, ankle problems and physical foot treatments.
Podiatry medical coding and billing is very challenging because it needs to specify the patient’s diagnosis and treatment for the coding. Additionally, podiatry services need to treat older people. Furthermore, podiatry billing and medical coding services struggles include third-party insurers. It also includes a proper understanding of the medical codes and the modifiers for included procedures.
Many podiatrists tend to do in-house medical billing, which can lack in many things such as keeping track of records and medical claims, unpaid billing and inaccurate coding. Therefore, podiatrists should outsource the medical billing services because it will rectify the records with specialty medical billers and coders.
U Control Billing is the best medical billing company to outsource medical-interconnected services. They have highly skilled and professional medical staff in medical transcription, billing, coding and physician credentialing services. Outsourcing medical billing will also boost the cash flow and reduce the denials.
Why is outsourcing beneficial for podiatry coding and billing services?
- It decreases the denial of medical claims.
- It will diminish the payment discussion between doctor and patient.
- It will lessen the pricey activity spans.
- It will keep upgraded with the rules and regulations of the medical industry.
- It will save the providers from the workload of billing collections and medical billing procedures.
- It will not let you pay in-house medical staff such as holiday pay, sick leaves and insurance benefits.
- Healthcare organizations do not need high investments in hardware and software.
- Outsourcing will ensure that providers pay attention to patient care and other significant matters.
- It will boost the cash flow.
- Charges are based on the net collections and revenue outcomes.
What are the complete podiatry billing services that U Control Billing provides?
Podiatry billing services that U Control Billing provides are as follows:
Pre-authorization and Assurance of insurance eligibility criteria:
Medical billing companies will ensure that the patients are eligible for the insurance benchmarks. The co-payment and deductible amount are computed if the patient has complete pre-authorization requirements and referral plans. Moreover, U Control Billing medical billing and coding services will boost revenue, cash flow, and reimbursements.
Entry fee assistance and patient demographics
Entry charge of the patient is the initial step of the medical billing process because it is the amount that the medical practice will charge. This fee is entered into the patient’s account because keeping a record of the charges is mandatory. Therefore, it is also necessary that the medical staff should be proficient in these medical billing services. U Control Billing has great medical billers who are genuinely dedicated to their work and enter accurate data. They will enter the correct patient demographics to provide high-quality and error-free results.
Review Podiatry medical billing services
U Control Billing recheck and review the Podiatry medical billing in the patient file provided by several resources such as imaging reports, diagnostic tests, provider’s prescription, transcription, billing, coding etc. All the performed services and other resources are verified accurately with the correct podiatry codes. Submitting wrong codes can lead to a massive loss and medical billing challenges, such as obstructed workflow, claim denials and payment delay.
Follow up on the Account Receivables (AR)
The follow-up on the AR can be difficult and time-consuming. The U Control Billing medical team will fix the underpaid medical claims and payments. It is necessary to get the reimbursements timely, and medical staff guarantees fewer medical claim mistakes.
Denial analysis and collection of Podiatry Services
Outsourcing medical billing companies should submit the medical claims accurately and on time. They should track the claims that there should not be claims denials because denied claims can cause significant loss. U Control Billing reviews the errors, analyzes the errors, fixes the errors and submits the claims within the time limit of resubmission.
Multiple reasons for rejecting podiatry medical claims include incorrect information, gaps and lack of demographics. Medical billing records the time limit and number of denials and submits them accurately with the improvised version.
Cash posting is the posting of cash, giving the medical practice’s financial picture. It logs the payments into the medical billing software, including ERAs, EOBs, insurance, and patient costs. Payment posting recognizes the payer issues, non-covered services, denials, and pre-authorization details. It must be assigned to the responsible and trustworthy RCM team.
Physician Credentialing services
The effective Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) stage is related to the interconnection of the physician, provider and payer. It is the stage where providers get paid for the provided services because patients use insurance cards to pay for the podiatry health services.
U Control Billing provides faster payments, fewer claim denials, avoids revenue leakage, and boosts medical billing outcomes.
What are some of the guidelines for podiatry billing services?
Some of the guidelines for podiatry billing services step down below:
- The claim submission includes the patient’s name, diagnosis, visit date and podiatrist’s name. The services the payer will cover will be paid; otherwise, the benefits will not pay for routine foot care provided by the non-podiatrist.
- Outsourcing medical billing services are essential for the podiatrist. Medical billers and coders need to ensure the proper billing and coding.
- The codes vary; they are not constant for every medical procedure, so the medical coders should avoid over-coding and under-coding. They should follow coding procedures for filing claims.
You may get a clear picture of benefits and illnesses which insurance companies do not cover. You should remember the above guidelines for podiatry billing services during medical billing and coding.
What are the blessings of outsourcing medical billing to U Control Billing?
The blessings of outsourcing medical billing to U Control Billing are as follows:
- Monthly reports include sales analysis and, A/R, billing logs.
- Follow up on the medical claims for the quick services.
- Electronic submission of medical claims to the insurance companies and commercial insurers such as Medicaid and Medicare.
- Missing documentation report on every single unbillable request.
- Download your remittances automatically to review and payment posting in the patient account.
- Work on claim refusals daily.
- Preparing all the documents appropriately that are required for the submission.
- Planning of patient proclamations and statements.
- Survey all documentation for Medicare consistency and precision before submitting them.
Let Us Sum It Up!
U Control Billing is a significant medical billing company across the United States with an experienced team of Podiatry billing services. They have years of knowledge and experience in medical billing and coding services. Therefore, provide accurate coding and billing to maximize reimbursements and save time. They have qualified and certified medical billers and coders for podiatry billing services.
You can contact U Control Billing or visit their website for further information.