What Are Motorized Shades?
With a simple tap of the button, an automation upgrade lets you open and close your shades easily. This feature is ideal for families with pets or kids as motorized shades avoid dangling cords making your house safe and secure. Motorization is also perfect for out-of-reach windows like skylights. Also, they are an excellent choice for those suffering from mobility problems. With automation, there isn’t any need to lift heavy blinds or reach out for cords. Motorized shades offer you the ultimate comfort. They can also be considered for bedroom or media rooms to avoid direct sunlight or glare without having to manually operate the shades. For stylish design, easy usage, and more safety, a motorization feature is an excellent option for the house.
What Are The Different Motorized Window Coverings?
The four different kinds of window coverings that can be automated to fulfil any type of aesthetic or functional requirement are:
1. Motorized Roller Shades: These window coverings are popular for their adaptability which is even more improved with motorization. Motorized roller shades are available with an array of light controlling choices: from extremely sheer to complete blackout and fabrics ranging from playful patterns to touchable textiles. You can also choose wood, metallic, or fabric finishes on the shades and various pulls and unique hem styles. As they offer various design options, the motorized roller shade is perfect for living rooms, dens, work from home spaces, and for any room that needs a mix of functionality and decorative form. They are particularly handy if you install many blackout window shades in a home theater/bedroom as all of them can be raised/lowered at the same
2. Motorized Cellular Shades: Do you love the concept of being eco-friendly? In that case, honeycomb shades are the perfect motorized option. If you are looking to save energy in your house, then cellular shades are ideal as they block around 80 percent of unnecessary solar heat entering through your windows during summers and drop heat loss through windows by up to 40 percent during winters. From the style perspective, honeycomb shades present four opacities, several design choices, and the Top-Down Bottom-Up lift mechanism, amongst other required characteristics. They also possess a unique honeycomb pattern that provides a unique visual interest compared to standard shades.
3. Motorized Solar Shades: If you are receiving excessive sunlight through the windows, then motorized solar shades are absolutely perfect for you. They incredibly block out the sun rays that may fade furniture, wooden flooring, and upholstered pieces that receive direct sun rays. In the absence of this type of protection, your decor quality can worsen over a period of time. These window shades also minimize glare and provide choices to reflect heat out of the home, thereby dropping cooling expenses. And, if you wish to retain a picturesque view, automated solar shades allow the sunlight to enter while keeping out the harsh UV rays and heat.
Why Motorized Shades Are Key For Modern Living?
1. Stylish Design and Classy Finish
Motorized shades are available in various stylish designs that can suit any decor style easily. When it comes to efforts, we all know how many times we will have to tug at our standard shades to get them lined up into the desired position precisely. When you get motorized shades, these window treatments move to the accurate position in a single fluid movement.
2. Increased Security And Privacy
Present programs and automation make your motorized window treatment system an effective addition to your home security system. For instance, if you are away for a long vacation, they will open during the day and close during the night make your house appear occupied because an open view of your house is one of the most usual ways thieves survey your house before a robbery. So, smart window shades make your house more safe and secure.
3. Energy Efficient
Motorized window shades are built to offer absolute remote control helping you save energy. When used with a climate control system, you will observe significant savings on your energy bills, particularly during the summer. These shades lower automatically on identifying that the air conditioner is on for a
longer time. Also, they will open to allow the sunlight to warm up your space during the winters.
4. Unparalleled Automation And Control
Wouldn’t it be great to operate your window shades without touching them? Command your window shades and they will obey them. Since they utilize smart technology, your window shades can be controlled using a remote control, voice commands, smartphone, or touchpad. Suppose you want to watch a film in your home theater. You simply have to tap an icon on your smart home touchpad and the window shades close automatically and silently. Additionally, the window shades in any room can also be controlled remotely.
5. Secures Your Floors And Furniture
Sunrays are warm and inviting most of the time, however, they also emit harmful UV rays that can cause fading and cracking of your floors and furniture. Motorized shades block out harsh UV rays, so that your artworks, flooring, and furniture last longer. Further, they are more durable than regular window coverings which imply they stand the test of time. Available for both outside and inside use, your motorized shades will be an exceptionally beautiful addition to your house.
In A Nutshell
Just the way smartphones transformed the options for communication, motorization has taken window coverings to the next level. Presently, it is possible to control shades using your tablet, smart home hubs, smartphone, wall switch, or remote control. Few apps even let you operate motorized window shades on a particular schedule and
remotely from any corner of the world with access to a data connection