Class 8 is intermediate. The subjects in class 8 are not as easy as they used to be in middle school, but not as hard as higher standards like 9 and 10. If you get enough understanding of every chapter in every subject, class 8 won’t seem much difficult to you. Here are some tips that will help you prepare better for your class 8 Hindi exam.
- Having your basics clear is a crucial part of studying any subject. To do so, it is very important to pay attention to what is being taught in the class. This way, it will be easier to grasp what is written in the textbook. If a student goes through everything that is written in the textbook, they will learn everything they need to and cover the whole syllabus. Reading the textbook thoroughly is the first step to prepare for an exam in the best way possible.
- The second tip that we will discuss is how to practice. Your first priority should be solving all the textbook exercises. In school examinations, you will get many questions from your NCERT textbook. So, if you practise your NCERT textbook exercises, you will be at least 70% prepared for your examinations.
- Following reference books is also a good idea to prepare for your examinations. Reference books will summarize each chapter for you. Also, they will list down all the key points and important events of a chapter. This will help you remember and revise each chapter in a better way. If you remember all the key points, it will become a lot easier for you to attempt and answer the questions in your exams.
- There are certain books available related to a specific subject that provide chapter-wise questions along with the solutions. If you are following an NCERT textbook, there are several questions with solutions for NCERT Hindi available as reference books or on several websites. You can also get chapter-wise questions with solutions on these websites. Other than websites, there are specific books that contain chapter-wise solutions along with the event summarization of each chapter in the beginning. Hence, reference books can be a huge help when it comes to preparing for an examination.
- Hindi subject has both language and literature sections. For a class 8 student, Hindi is a very important subject whether it is their first language or second language. The question pattern for language and literature sections is different. There are a few ways to prepare for each section. Besides reading the textbook thoroughly, a few specific tips will help you prepare better for each part of the subject.
- For the language section, as we have discussed, the basic thing to do is read the textbook thoroughly. The textbook will help us understand every topic clearly. Some of the basic topics include “Bhasha”, which is understanding the Hindi language, “Ling” which is gender, “Kaal”, which is tense, and so on. Once you get a clear understanding of a chapter, start practising. The best way to get better at grammar is to practice. The more you practice the question and answers of the Hindi language section, the better you are going to get in that. Scoring in the language section is easier than scoring in literature. Language answers are all to the point, hence it is either wrong or right. There is no in-between. So, if you practice your Hindi language section properly, you will be able to score very easily in the language section.
- Essays are a very crucial part of the Hindi language examination. Essays contribute to at least 25% marks of your Hindi language examination. So if you get a somewhat good score in your essay, you will be able to get a good total score in your Hindi language examination. Now, the best way to learn how to write an essay is to practise them. Try writing at least a couple of essays per week. The more you can write, the better it will be for you. You can ask your teacher to provide you with some common essay topics or look up some common essay topics for your subject and class on the internet. Once you get the topics, you can just start practising.
The key to scoring good marks in an examination is to practice. Getting a clear understanding of your chapter is crucial for building your basics. After this, all there is left to do is practice. Follow these tips, and you are good to go.