Houzeo is America’s most popular FSBO (for sale by owner) website, which simplifies the real estate buying and selling process. Its advanced technology and automated paperwork make real estate trading simple, transparent, and cost-effective. Check out our extensive Houzeo reviews to know whether Houzeo is worth your time. We will also share details of how to list on MLS and how listing on MLS can save you money while selling your home.
What Does Houzeo Do?
Are you wondering how to list on MLS without a realtor? Houzeo enables home sellers to list their homes on the MLS for a flat fee and saves thousands on listing commission. MLS (Multiple Listing Services) is a database that carries information about local properties for sale. It serves as the main platform where realtors find properties for sale and connect them with buyers. Hence, to sell your home, the first step should be to list your property on the MLS.
However, only licensed real estate agents can access the MLS. For this, they charge a hefty commission, which is typically 2.5% to 3%. Houzeo enables sellers to list their properties on the MLS for a flat fee and save on the seller agent’s commission. The information automatically gets listed on top real estate websites as well like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, Realtor.com, and many more.
How Does it Work?
What we found to be most helpful was that the whole process is digitized, and can be done from the comfort of your home! Right from listing, marketing, and pricing, to filling federal and state disclosures, finding an attorney or escrow company, comparing offers, and closing the sale – all steps can be completed online!
Once you register with Houzeo, you get an exclusive seller dashboard. Here you can upload property documents and photographs, write a description, fill in required state disclosures, compare offers, generate agreements, avail Houzeo Concierge support, etc. This gives you full control over your listing.
On Houzeo, there is a big chance of finding an unrepresented buyer who can directly approach you through the website. In such a case, you can save another 2.5% – 3% on the buyer’s agent commission as well. This amounts to a total of 5% – 6% savings!
Houzeo has excellent ratings on both Google and Trustpilot. On Google, it has a five-star rating, while on Trustpilot, it is 4.9 out of 5. Clients love this digitized home selling experience and are grateful for their excellent customer support, which saw them through the process with step-by-step guidance. Besides the smooth sailing, they also mentioned maximized savings, and an array of features, which cannot be found on other sites. We could not find any negative comments on Better Business Bureau. On other sites, negative comments were confined to technical glitches, which were resolved with the help of the customer support team.
One thing we noted was that no one complained about hidden costs, which is pretty common for many discount agents and MLS service providers. Here, transparency rules the whole process from beginning to end.
- Quick Listing, Instant Changes:With Houzeo Concierge, your property can be listed within 60 minutes to 8 working hours, provided that all documents are in place! You can update your listing from the seller dashboard as and when you wish. Being 100% online, all changes are lightning quick!
- Maximum Visibility:Houzeo helps your property get the most eyeball hits through MLS as well as non-MLS sites. Your data is synchronized and listed on various nationwide real estate sites, such as Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and many more…
- No Hidden Costs:Houzeo charges a flat fee for its services, which is clearly mentioned for each package type on its website. The pricing is totally transparent, and customers are not taken for a ride during closing with additional fees.
- Easy Comparison of Offers:You can review and compare buyer offers directly from your seller dashboard, or on the mobile app. You may even counter an offer via the dashboard, in case of multiple offers.
- More control:Houzeo does not forward your leads to local agents, as in the case of many “free” websites that sell leads to agents. Local agents keep pestering you with calls in such cases. Houzeo routes all buyers directly to you, giving you the power to negotiate and discuss as per your convenience.
- Mobile App:Houzeo’s mobile app has multiple features that keep you connected even on the go! You can view and manage your listing anytime, at any place!
- Full-service package: Many sellers are not comfortable with the DIY approach while selling their homes. Yet they want to save on the commission of the broker. For such customers, Houzeo provides virtual full-service packages, wherein a virtual broker handles the process throughout – right from pricing to closing. And what’s more, this package is available for a flat fee too!
- No success fees: Houzeo used to charge success fees amounting to $599 earlier. But not anymore. Currently, unless there’s a fee charged by the buyer’s broker or the MLS at closing, Houzeo does not charge any additional fee at closing.
- Nation-wide coverage: Houzeo thrives on a consistent and strong in-house customer support team, and an accredited partner network, that helps in providing nationwide support across the U.S.
- IntelliList Management System: Houzeo’s IntelliList Management System automatically fills out forms with data retrieved from public sources based on the property’s pin code. So you find much of the information conveniently filled in during listing. Another step by Houzeo is to make the process automated, quicker and easier!
Houzeo MLS Packages
Houzeo packages are designed for different kinds of sellers and are based on what most sellers require. We are sure you will find a package that is perfect for you!
We recommend the Bronze package for sellers who are selling properties located in a hot market and need little assistance in selling their homes. The Bronze package begins from $199 and includes complete online listing paperwork, MLS listing for 3 months with 6 photographs, listing on websites like Zillow and Realtor.com, IntelliList Listing Management, and a refundable custom yard sign for $49, etc.
According to Houzeo reviews, the Silver package is recommended for FSBO sellers, who are looking for affordable MLS services. It begins from $299 and includes MLS listing for 6 months, 24 photographs, unlimited listing changes, along with all that is available for Bronze customers.
For sellers looking for maximum savings, more control, more flexibility, and optimal support, we recommend the Gold package. The gold package begins from $399 and includes paperwork for Federal and State Disclosures, management and scheduling of showings through Houzeo Showings, comparing offers, and making counteroffers through Houzeo offers, apart from all that is available for Silver customers.
For those looking for full-service, we recommend the Platinum package, which begins from $999. It provides virtual full-service assistance and includes a 12-month MLS listing with maximum photographs, virtual full-service broker assistance for contract reviewing, consulting at any point of time, closing the deal, etc. along with all facilities on offer for Gold customers.
We found Houzeo well worthy of its price and true to its reputation of being the #1 hassle-free option for selling your home. Its online processes and advanced technology make it user-friendly, while its awesome customer support really provides smooth sailing through the often-turbulent process!