Every entrepreneur needs to develop an application capable enough of rocking the market with its launch.
An app that the users enjoy and recommend to others. Or even better, an application that goes viral, and everyone either knows about it or is using it.
- There are many such applications out there in the market that are on your devices.
- The reason for writing this article is to provide you with information regarding the technology those superb applications use.
- The right technology is like salt to food.
- If you mess up, you just mess up.
Some popular applications use Node JS in their tech stack. These applications are so renowned that they don’t even need an introduction. They are enjoying their popularity because the owner chose the right tech stack to make her/his application what it is today.
These applications proudly use Node JS, which makes them efficient and lovable.
I’ll name a few of them in this article as we move on.
But first, let’s start with What is Node JS?
- Node JS can run on various platforms (Windows, Mac OS, Unix, Linux, etc.), which is one of the reasons contributing to its popularity.
- Node JS can not only handle numerous client requests at the same time but also lets a developer share and reuse packages of library code. Node JS eases out the process of data syncing between client and server.
- Node Js is efficient with real-time applications, thanks to all the properties it holds.
- It can easily and efficiently process multiple requests in short response time, and it also shares the validation code between both the front end and the back end.
- Not just that, using Node JS, a developer can write and maintain codes that are efficient enough to handle numerous connections on only one machine.
- If you are hoping to create a highly extensive and dynamic application, then Node JS must be a part of your tech stack.
However, to use Node JS to its highest efficiency, you will have to Hire Node JS experts, who have relevant knowledge with the technology. Once you find the right developer for you, you will be able to obtain all the benefits Node JS offers.
Let’s find out what benefits you will avail by hiring Node JS developers to create your project:
- Smooth cross-platform app development:
- When you decide to hire dedicated Node JS developers, you will be liable to obtain benefits like creating an application that is highly efficient and works smoothly on all the device platforms.
- The developer can reuse the codes too. For example, the codes belonging to web apps can be reused for desktop apps (compatible with Linux, OS, and Windows).
- A Node JS developer would efficiently and easily use tools and links provided by Google Chrome Developer. Building-up profile desktop versions of apps will not be a tough task for a developer. Node JS also lets you debug easily.
- Long term support:
- It is vital to change with the changing times (for better, obviously) However, adapting to new techniques would not be very easy, since it’s continually improving.
- You can solve this problem by hiring a Node JS developer; the developer would maintain the releases for a minimum of 18 months from when they were built. (as per the rules)
- During this time, only bugs and glitches would be resolved; No new features are to be added at this time.
Apart from these two, Node JS offers a variety of benefits like:
- Quick application development
- The efficient web development process
- The gap between server-side and client-side bridged.
- Code execution is super fast
- The app is maintained and upgraded easily
- Provides Reusable APIs
These are some benefits that Node JS provides. Some great applications took full advantage of Node JS and now stand strong in the competitive market.
Some of the greatest examples of applications that made it big with Node JS are:
Netflix is one of the largest media streaming providers in the world right now. It has around 50 million customers belonging to 60 different countries. How huge is that?
Not only this, but it also provides approximately 7 billion hours of video per quarter.
I don’t think there’s anyone who would be unaware of the giant. Netflix rules all the online media providers at this time.
It also uses Node JS in its tech stack. By choosing Node JS at the production level, Netflix underwent considerable changes in terms of performance, and even business.
What benefits did Node JS provide to Netflix?
- Lightweight, fast and modular application
- A common language for both browser and server-side
- Increase app performance
Uber is one of the largest online transportation network companies, with its services branched out in 65 countries and 600 cities. The company aims to make transportation easy for its users.
It provides you with the option of booking a cab online for any ride. I believe Uber is known to everyone, and at one time or the other, all of us have booked an uber.
The company also included Node Js in their tech stack to build a large matching system.
What benefits did Node JS provide to Uber?
- Processes a huge value of information
- No restart needed, issues can be addressed quickly
- The open-source community keeps the technology optimized.
eBay is a US-based MNC that offers eCommerce services over the internet. The site provides B2C and C2C services through its platform.
The site is absolutely free for listing and buyers. And sellers can sell their products online.
It right now has 175 million users globally and 1 billion active listings.
This site also uses Node JS in their tech stack. The aim of the company to include Node JS was:
- To create a real-time application.
- To look after eBay services displayed on web pages.
What benefits did Node JS provide to eBay?
- Speed Enhancement
- Performance Enhancement
- Single threading
- It handles I/O bound operations efficiently.
There are many other apps like NASA, Walmart, Trello, GoDaddy, Groupon, Medium, and LinkedIn, which use Node JS.
If you also wish to add your application name into the list of amazing applications, then your best bet is to hire Node JS developers who can help you create a dynamic and vibrant application for your users to love.