Many people are often seen commenting on the importance that guide books and other reference books hold in attaining good grades in any sort of examination. However, if one actually looks into it, they will realize that the most important and trustworthy notes that the student might feel the most confident and assured with are the revision notes that they make for themselves. These notes play an important role in the students’ preparation for the board exams, which will go on to affect and design their future career.
Board exams are a very important part of the student’s life. The 10th board exams play an important and prominent role as it is on the basis of the marks obtained in these exams that students will be able to choose the stream of their choice. In the 12th board exams, it is important to score high marks to get admission into the university or colleges of their choice.
To attain a desirable percentage in the board exams, there are a few things that students need to keep in their mind and follow. Firstly, the student needs to prepare a routine which they must follow regularly. This routine will help them finish the syllabus on time which will then give them enough time to revise and go through the important topics before the examinations. This will, in addition, also teach them the value of time management.
Next, students should try and complete the whole syllabus. In this process, they will be able to go through all the important and relevant topics without missing out on anything. In many cases, it is noticed that students directly jump on reading the answers without actually going through the chapters. This should be avoided as it may become a very bad habit that will affect the students not just in their board exams but also in their future prospects.
After they are done reading the chapters, students need to turn towards the NCERT solutions that are designed and prepared especially for them keeping in mind their needs and requirements. The solutions have solved exercises that help students in gripping the concepts and understanding them. They also provide students with the idea and experience on how the question paper might be devised and how they are to answer these questions. Students should definitely get a hold of these copies for every subject so that they are not left behind on anything and are on par with all the topics.
The most important task for any individual is to practice all the concepts that they want to attain excellence in. Students need to evaluate themselves and realize their weak points so that they can pay extra attention and focus on these. Improving and strengthening the concepts that need to be polished requires extensive practice and hard work so that it doesn’t remain a weakness anymore.
The most important thing that will help students row the boat safely to the shore is their own notes. The Revision Notes that students make while reading a chapter will help them in retaining the important topics and the concepts so that when they are in the exam hall, they do not feel like they are unable to solve a particular question. Writing down these notes in one’s own writing style will make it easier for the student to revise and understand the important concepts before the exams.
Here are some tips and suggestions on how one should make notes that will prove to be their life saviour:
- The first step, as mentioned earlier, is to read the chapter thoroughly according to the study routine. Students should jot down the important points as they proceed with the chapter.
- These notes should be written down in their vocabulary to personalize their notes. This will make it easier for students to understand and revise the various topics when they prepare for their exams.
- To make the comprehending process simpler, students can make use of diagrams and flowcharts. This method is advised by many universities to follow as these allow the student to retain the procedures and concepts. Along with this, students should also practice shorthand, so that they can complete the syllabus on time. These practices will help the students not only in their board examinations, but it will also prove to be a very good practice when they get admissions for college.
- The student should resort to the practice of colour coding to mark the relevant and different topics so that it becomes easier to access and find the necessary topics easily. Moreover, the student should also highlight the important words and lines so that they know that this needs to be practised and remembered for sure.
- The notes that students make should be organized and neatly arranged and should always follow a sequence. This is to be followed because it makes the locating process easier, and makes the process of revising before the examination easier.
- For additional practice and experience, students should also resort to references and exercises other than those that they have already practised. Following this will help them in strengthening their existing knowledge.
- Making notes develops the summarizing and comprehending abilities of the student. This will also develop the individuality of the students.
- On top of this, when one reads and makes notes, it helps students or the readers to form their own opinions which in essence develops the cognitive abilities of an individual.
- One quality that the practice of making notes improves is that it develops one’s memory and retaining power. It is always observed that when one writes something, it stays in their memory, as compared to just reading it aloud. Thus, students should follow and develop the habit of making notes from a very early stage.
Following these suggestions will help students immensely in their board examinations and their future endeavours.