The beginning of the year is a good time to review your marketing strategy. After all, yesterday’s decisions may lose their effectiveness under the influence of external and internal factors. Assess what works and what only hinders business from growing.
In this article, we will focus on such a marketing tool as a business blog. Is it worth doing in 2022? If your goal is to build your brand, then the answer will be yes. Blogging is one of the important areas of an effective marketing strategy in the long run. Let’s talk about the benefits of a business blog.
A blog drives traffic to your site
You’ve created a business site to get potential customers to notice you. The question immediately arises: what to do to promote business online?
There are several options for driving new traffic to your site.
- Get paid traffic through advertising. If such advertising is effective in sales, then launching a paid campaign just for the sake of traffic to the site is quite an expensive pleasure.
- Pay for questionable and not always legal methods of increasing traffic (we do not recommend doing so). This is practically an attempt to deceive the search engine that your site is interesting to the user. Strange way to build your brand, right?
- Constantly update the site and create useful content. This item sounds like a digital marketing strategy. Start a blog that potential customers will be eager to read. In this case, you are provided with a constant natural increase in traffic.
Blogging in business promotion is about being interesting and useful, not just looking like that. In an information-saturated space, people value honesty.
The blog helps to develop social networks
You can share articles from your business blog and develop your company’s social networks at the same time. Develop a marketing strategy and build your brand with your audience.
The algorithm is quite simple:
- preparing an interesting article for a blog;
- tell about it on social networks and download links;
- people read and share your content;
- potential customers read friends’ posts and go to the website.
This is how social networks work! Remember how difficult it is for you or your SMM specialist to constantly look for ideas for posts. Combine business promotion through different channels and evaluate the benefits.
When people look at your articles and find the answers to their questions, they start to trust you. Your expertise is shared through the blog on social networks. A little tip: fill your blog with not only text but also visual content. It’s not difficult with modern resources like a screen recorder for Mac or special blog design tools. People on social media prefer watching rather than reading.
The blog converts traffic to leads
Let’s move on to the tunnel of marketing strategy. A business blog not only generates new traffic to a website but also helps generate leads. Blogging in this case is a great marketing tool.
That’s how it all works.
- The visitor enters the site, reads the article, and sees a call to action.
- The call to action contains a button and an interesting suggestion (any free useful thing from a book to a webinar).
- The visitor presses a button and enters the force with a request for information (name and contacts).
- The visitor fills out a form and receives his free product.
- Your sales department is gaining a new potential customer.
Here it is important to be honest: create a useful product that people will appreciate. Make a positive impression at every stage of your digital marketing strategy.
Blogging helps with link building
SEO site optimization helps boost traffic with various tools. One such tool is the generation of inbound links. This is effective but at the same time difficult to use.
Blogging helps with link building because your expertise grows and links to your site appear. This is happening gradually, but in the long run, it has a tangible effect.
First, you prepare articles with reference to expert sources. If topics are essential to potential customers and answer difficult questions, then gradually you become the leader of the industry through your business blog. Accordingly, links to your site from external sources appear. The value of your domain in search engine algorithms is growing.
The more often customers meet with your expertise, the easier it is for them to make purchasing decisions. They just come to you because they are used to benefiting from your brand. Sounds great, doesn’t it?
Blogging helps build your brand
Blogging is a long-term business promotion project with a delayed effect. First, you invest certain resources to prepare quality articles: personal time, payment for freelance services, development, and training of your specialists. But the result will be worth your effort: quality blog materials will work for your brand for a long time.
The blog allows you to reveal internal processes, share news, changes, and achievements. Gradually, site visitors become your fans, because they know so much good about your brand. You create a positive information field around the business.
If the blog post gets into the so-called evergreen posts, it will work for the whole world, even in a year or longer. There will come a time when, thanks to the blog, the audience will grow without your efforts. First, you work for the brand, then the brand works for you.
Business blogs continue to be a successful digital marketing strategy tool. If you haven’t done so yet, we recommend starting in 2022. As a result, you will gain the status of an expert in your field, the trust of potential customers, a good reputation with search engines, and a powerful marketing tool.
Enough to lose opportunities. Let’s start a blog.