Seychelles is possibly the most romantic island in the Indian Oceans for your dream wedding, it ticks all the boxes for the destination you are looking for – Clearwater, white-sand beaches, palm trees with lush flora with the perfect tropical weather. Whether it’s a small and simple gathering or a large celebration with your family and friends you can have it all, marrying in Seychelles and having a perfect honeymoon after would be the exact dream wedding for many. If you are looking for an expert to help you have the perfect wedding in Seychelles, Easy Wedding Seychelles, Just Seychelles, weddings in Seychelles are a few of my recommendations.
This article would help you know the legal requirements and the procedures for getting married in Seychelles. The marriage certificate is issued by the civil status office, which is valid worldwide.
Legal Requirements and Procedure
- Couples must be the age of 18 years and older, if either one is younger than 18 years parental or guardian consent is needed.
- Documents such as Passports (with photos), copies of birth certificates, divorce decree, and death certificate of former spouse if applicable. All the documents except passports must be either in English or French.
- 11 days prior notice must be given to the respective office/court to get married.
- It is mandatory to have 2 witnesses with you present at the marriage ceremony. You and both witnesses have to sign at the end of the ceremony to get the marriage certificate.
- If you need to provide legal proof if you had your name changed.
- Marriage will be conducted either in French or English by the registered Seychelles official according to the law.
- The legal cost
- It is free of cost for the citizens of Seychelles at the Civil Status Office.
- For citizens – out of the Civil Status Office, that is Mahè, Praslin, and La Digue Island you need to pay 1500 SCR.
- If both are foreigners getting married in Mahè, Praslin, and La Digue, you need to pay 3000 SCR.
- If both foreigners are getting married outside of Praslin, Mahè, and La Digue the cost is 4000 SCR.
It is recommended to have your dream beach wedding ceremony during weekdays (Monday – Friday) you could enjoy with less crowd on the weekdays. And you can also look at other locations for your wedding in Seychelles.