If you are having your second marriage, especially online you’d be curious to know the legal and documentation requirements for your second nuptials. The wedding ceremony isn’t different from your first wedding, however, the legal requirements for the online second marriage in Dubai can become more complex as similar to the first one you have to be present in court but it involves more legal paperwork.
Legal Requirements and Cost
Weddings can get really expensive from legal expenses, venue, and other expenses. But online weddings can also get expensive and chaotic so I would recommend getting help from professionals, there are many professional wedding planners like easy weddings online, Arabia weddings, and a few others for all your legal and wedding requirements.
- IDs issued by the Government for the bride and groom.
- Birth certificates and Passports of both groom and bride.
- Mandatory premarital medical screening is done to limit any transferable sexual diseases. This would cost you around 260 AED to 800 AED as per your choice of clinic.
- Court charges up to 1800 AED for your marriage solemnization and other processes.
- It is mandatory, both need to attest your marital status.
Things required for online wedding:
- Choosing the platform for your Live second marriage – Zoom, Skype, or any other platform,
- After the pandemic, the UAE government has approved an online wedding and still gets the license for your second wedding.
- You need to send the invitations to all your guests.
Divorce and Widower paper requirement for your second marriage
- For Widower, you need to present the death certificate of your past spouse other than your mentioned requirements. It is mandatory to prove this to get legally married in Dubai a second time as a widower.
- If you are a divorcee, it is mandatory to provide your divorce papers for your second marriage. You can obtain your divorce certificate from the court where your divorce took place. The court requests you to provide – the place you got divorced in, grounds for your divorce, when did you get your divorce, and your former spouse status – you also need to prove that you are no longer married to your former spouse anymore to get legally have your second marriage, it is actually a requirement by the law.
- Once you receive the marriage certificate if you are a UAE national you need to reach local authorities to get their names received from their parents’ family books to your own family books.
If you are a person who wants to avoid all the time getting wasted doing the paperwork, you can get the help of wedding planners and professionals mentioned above, you would get your license in less than 3 weeks. For more requirements or your doubts, you can go visit this Q&A to discover more.